Director of Product Marketing
at Courion in Marlborough, MA
The Director of Product Marketing is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and portfolio management of the Company’s products and services. He/she works with Product Management to identify, define, and quantify opportunities for new products/services to address market needs and that align with the Company’s business. He/she is also responsible for go-to-market planning for new and existing products, including appropriate messaging, positioning, sales strategies, pricing, and packaging. The Director of Product Marketing should serve as an “evangelist” for the Company’s capabilities, promoting them to various internal and external constituencies.
The Director of Product Marketing must work closely with the Marketing Communications, Field Marketing and Demand/Lead Generation operations to develop programs and communication strategies that support the defined go-to-market plans for the products/services. This position also requires the ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams to achieve product and corporate objectives.
- Track and analyze market trends and characteristics for new and existing products to input to Product Management and Sales operations.
- Analyze existing customer base to evaluate the effectiveness of sales programs and operations, identify new product and sales opportunities, and build market expertise to project in other marketing operations.
- Evaluate major competitors’ capabilities, positioning, delivery and perception — to tool the Sales staff to compete effectively and provide input to Product Management.
- Lead the external product launch process.
- Lead the development of and manage cross-organizational go-to-market planning — from market analysis through pricing and packaging to sales operations planning.
- Identify, prioritize and deliver sales tools to meet corporate goals and initiatives. Work with Sales organization to embed in Sales Playbooks and train the sales staff.
- Provide support for sales calls and Request for Proposal responses.
- Build the strategy and plan for, and coordinate cross-organizational staff to manage Analyst Relations.
- Support the development, ramping and tooling of Courion sales channels.
- BS/BA or equivalent in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or English
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product marketing for software in corporate environments
- Experience in marketing enterprise and SaaS software is a requirement
- Domain expertise in information security is a plus
- Some travel required
- Portfolio of sales tools is required
To apply, please send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Recent jobs at Courion
- Business Development Representative (BDR) at Courion in Marlborough, MA 05-03-2013
- Senior Software Engineer at Courion in Marlborough, MA 05-03-2013
- (Senior) Web UX Designer at Courion in Marlborough, MA 05-03-2013