Principal Software Engineer - Algorithms
at Kyruus in Boston
Founded in 2010, Kyruus is a Big Data analytics startup focused on healthcare. Based out of Boston, we are helping medical professionals find and connect with the right physicians to improve healthcare delivery and outcomes across the country. Our team is comprised of talented serial entrepreneurs with degrees from top schools and deep industry experience. Backed by leading venture capital firms Venrock, Highland Capital, Lux Capital, and Fidelity Biosciences, we already tout the top healthcare organizations as clients with lots of growth in sight.
What to Expect @Kyruus
- An unconditional love of Big Data
- A team-oriented, flat environment with impromptu weekly team outings (we like each other), monthly community outreach events (we care), and fantastic benefits (we’re covered)
- A place to grow, alongside mentors who really care about your future (we mean it!)
If you hope to work in a vibrant, dynamic environment, we want to hear from you! If you love data as much as we do, and you are passionate about improve healthcare get in touch.
Work in our engineering team to build the best data infrastructure that can be found in all of health care — we ingest, match and disambiguate thousands of messy and incomplete data sources on a 50 node hadoop cluster nightly, and our clients expect 100% accuracy.
- Design, implement and test algorithms related to matching and disambiguation
- Provides support and serves as the subject matter expert in algorithm design and development for the engineering team
- Drive our data quality initiative by evaluating our data asset and algorithms leveraging innovative statistical methods
- Work closely with our Data Science team
- Data-savvy problem solver (experience building predictive models in a scientific context and/or machine learning experience)
- Substantial coding experience (Python/Java/C++)
- Demonstrated experience building production quality algorithms
- Hadoop and or SQL skills a plus (if not, we’ll teach it to you)
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in a software organization
Recent jobs at Kyruus
- Software Architect at Kyruus in Boston 13-02-2013
- Software Engineer in Test at Kyruus in Boston 13-02-2013
- Software Engineer - Product UI Designer at Kyruus in Boston 13-02-2013
- Principal Software Engineer - Data at Kyruus in Boston 13-02-2013