at Custom Made in Cambridge MA
Our vision is to change the way people shop by making buying custom easier. We want to be an alternative to big box retailers by creating an online marketplace that connects consumers with local artisans and craftspeople across the country. Not only does our site allow consumers to find exactly what they are looking to have made, it also allows custom makers of all types to effectively market themselves in an increasingly digital world.
We are creating a consumer experience where consumers can connect with an artisan maker to co-create something tangible and unique. You won’t see a shopping cart or a checkout tag on our site, but you will meet thousands of makers who are thrilled about the prospect of creating something with you.
See here for our vision: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ZixpZ0ZYs&feature=plcp
What we are looking for: Python Engineer
Stellar engineers that are thrilled about the prospect of building a marketplace that attracts 3M+ consumers a year. Our platform is constantly evolving to engage consumers and accommodate the thousands of Makers making a living off of our product. We’re looking for developers who are self motivated and constantly advancing their skill sets to help us solve the challenging engineering problems that come with building a highly interactive website and manipulating large amounts of data in the background. We have a small team of highly talented individuals and at this stage in our growth having a direct impact on our product isn’t an option, it’s a necessity.
If you’re passionate about getting in on the ground floor of a movement and shaping its direction, we want to hear from you.
- Design and implement new features that directly impact our users like the consumer and subscriber backend and job board.
- Participate in product development process
- Write unit and functional tests
- Solve performance and scalability problems
- Working cross teams with product, frontend and design
- At least three years relevant experience or equivalent academic experience
- Working knowledge of Python and/or exposure to different programming languages
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to deliver well-designed high-quality code on time
- An eye for consumer experience, regardless of how entrenched you might be in the backend
- Experience with Linux and SQL
- Passion to learn and take on challenges in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Django
- Working knowledge of jQuery
- AWS (ec2, rds, cloudfront)
- Experience with git
- Exposure to solr or other open-source platforms
What you’ll get from us
We only hire great people, so that’s what you will find here. We love our product, we take hiring very seriously, and we love working together and we love to go home with the feeling that we accomplished something every day.
You will be able to make an impact, fast. The work you accomplish will directly correlate with the success of our company, and you will see the product of your time and energy live on the site and incorporated into our daily processes. You will have the opportunity to immediately drive success and influence the direction of the CustomMade marketplace, and in the process will drive real value for thousands of small businesses across the United States and Canada.
If you’re passionate about the custom revolution and think you have what it takes, please email us. Bonus if your application comes with a portfolio, Github or Stackoverflow link.
Recent jobs at Custom Made
- Front-End Developer at Custom Made in Cambridge MA 30-01-2013